Your application to attend the University of Utah must be been submitted prior to your audition and prior to December 1 (November 1 for Honors) to be considered for all University-wide scholarships and financial aid. Visit the Office of Admissions. Although recommended, you do not need to be accepted to the University in order to audition. To schedule a tour, please read more about different dates and options.
Apply & Audition
In addition to your application to the University, you also must separately apply to the Ballet Program.
- You must pre-apply to attend an in-person audition. At our Salt Lake City auditions, applications will still be accepted the day of the audition, but with a late fee of $10.
- For applicants who are not available to attend an in-person audition either on campus or at one of our national locations, you may audition via video. Videos are due February 4, 2017. View the video requirements. (If auditioning via video, you still must complete our online audition application. You will submit your video there.)
- When flying to Utah please book your return trip so that you do not need to be to the airport any earlier than 4:00 PM on the day of the audition.
- Registration for auditions will take place in the foyer of the Marriott Center for Dance 1 hour prior to the audition start time.
- The audition will consist of a ballet technique class, a pointe or men's class, and a brief interview with faculty members.
- All audition participants will be considered for acceptance to the Division of Ballet and for scholarships, as well as the Summer Ballet Intensive.)
- Part of the application process requires a 500-word essay describing, “Why you want to dance at the UofU, what your aspirations are while you are here and after graduation.”
Salt Lake City Audition Dates for 2017–2018
Saturday, July 8, 2017 | Marriott Center for Dance
Saturday, November 4, 2017 | Marriott Center for Dance
Saturday, February 10, 2018 | Marriott Center for Dance
In order for your application to be complete, you must do the following two things:
Applications without payment will not be processed.
National Audition Locations and Dates for 2018-2019
Summer Intensive 2018
Spend four amazing weeks working with internationally recognized faculty and guest artists. Take advantage of this opportunity to meet choreographers and dancers from across the nation and the world, and explore the beautiful Utah outdoors.